What is a writing coach?
Just as athletes, singers and actors have coaches, writers have coaches, too. Why? To help them:
- Set meaningful, measurable goals
- Be held accountable
- Build on their strengths while working on their weaknesses
- Stay on track
In addition, a writing coach:
- Offers editorial feedback on the client’s writing
- Is an advocate for the client’s writing when life may seem to interfere
- Provides support and understanding when taking a risk may be the only way to reach a writing goal
- Acknowledges the challenges of writing while suggesting practical ways to handle them
For more information on my services as a writing coach, call (503) 288-2469 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consultations available in person, by phone, e-mail and combinations of the above.